Monday, August 9, 2010

Ireland and London


We did it! We've survived our first two stops. I have to admit the first four days were miserable - between the time change and hostel arrangement (sleep-non existent). It seems like we are starting to get into the swing of things though. If I could do Ireland all over again, I would skip Dublin and head to the west coast (Galway/Cliffs of Moher) where all of the classic Irish countryside and carless towns are. (Even the Irish say that is the best place to go) One day...Today Weez and I tackled Westminster Abbey, the London Bridge, Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, Big Ben, The London Eye, and The Tate Museum of Modern Art. London reminds me of Chicago a lot with its set up with the Thames River and bridges. Tomorrow we head to Brugges, Belguim. We plan to rent bikes and ride to the countryside and Belgian coast. (waffles, pommes frites, chocolate, and beer are on our dining agenda). Our chins are up and the homesickness will slowly drift away (fingers crossed). --this is odd, I've never been homesick. It's no fun when you have five months ahead of you. Ta-ta -running out of internet minutes!!

3 comments:

  1. Britt, I am so glad you girls are feeling better. I am so proud of you girls! I look forward to reading your blog. Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there - I'm sure that you'll work through the homesickness when you start feeling better and having fun. We're following along. Take care! Love, Aunt Tam

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the highlight of my Saturday night! Don't you feel privilaged? :) It is so neat to see you pictures and hear about your trip. Enjoy because like so many other things in life the time will go way to fast and it will be over before you know it. Love Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete